After the excitement from Christmas and the engagement party, we headed down to Santa Barbara to finalize some of the wedding planning details, and to get a little R&R from the holiday craziness. We stayed at the Fess Parker, which is great because it’s dog friendly and right on the water!
New Years in Santa Barbara
The goal of the trip was to bring Leo’s parents around to the various venues where we will be hosting wedding events. Take a look at our mini tour! We stopped by the Four Seasons Biltmore to check out the space, we enjoyed the beach, and we were able to finalize a DJ and bridesmaid dresses!
Wining and Dining
Not only did we manage to get some wine tasting in at Melville and Laetitia, but we also got to check out the Funk Zone, which is a new little wine tasting area in SB.
Resolutions for 2015
I don’t really believe in resolutions necessarily…. because I fail to keep up with them most the time, and it just seems pointless to put these false hopes into the universe that you know you’re going to end up breaking it anyway. Last year I decided to put a few “intentions” forward, rather than resolutions.
Here is the list, and I’ll update what I accomplished and what I still want to accomplish.
- I want to travel to Europe. It’s been almost 2 years since I’ve been, and I miss it terribly. I miss my friends in London. I miss the architecture. I miss the history. I miss the food. I’d really love to go to back to London, Paris and Croatia. We’ll see what we can pull off
- Well I didn’t make it to Europe in 2014, but I did manage to move my life to Atlanta. Given our current situation, we have a big trip coming up…. yay honeymoon! And although we haven’t done Europe, we have done a ton of traveling between Napa, San Luis Obispo, Miami, Vail, Austin, New Orleans, Sonoma, Savannah, San Diego, Charleston, Dana Point… just to name a few!
- Since we’re on the topic of travel, I am also looking forward to spending some real time in Mexico. The boyfriend gifted me to a trip to Mexico. We will be heading to Mexico City first to visit with his family, and then we’ll be heading to the St. Regis in Punta Mita…. Yeah, he does pretty OK.
- Our Mexico plans were also derailed due to the move to Atlanta, but this also might happen this year.
- I want to continue to surround myself with wonderful friends, who embody the type of woman that I want to be. Strong, bold, loyal, true, brave, and fearless. My girlfriends are awesome, and I’d never give them up for anything!
- Duh. Always. Plus, I’ve made some really awesome friends in Atlanta, whom I’m especially grateful for.
- In terms of career, I hope to come up with a few new business ideas. I’d really love to be independent and own something that is just mine…. so I hope to find some inspiration. Consulting is great, but it’s not going to be it.
- I am really happy with my move to Verizon this year. It has been such a refreshing career move with a lot of learning!
- I hope that my relationship with my boyfriend continues on the path that it’s on. He’s seriously the most wonderful partner I’ve ever had in my life. He’s caring, thoughtful, determined, and I am so excited for our future.
- We’re getting mawwwwieeed!
- I included a lot of health & wellness types of things on my board – running shoes, bikes, healthy foods, etc. I want to keep running, doing Bikram, spinning, and triathloning. I just signed up for another tri season, and I just successfully ran my fastest 15K, but there will be more about that later!
- I am still doing lots of Bikram, staying active at the gym, an occasional trail run, and I’ll even be starting up barre before the wedding.
- Financially, I’d like to get another raise, continue to contribute to my 401k, and all that fun stuff. Get money honey!
- Wah, wah. I took a pay cut when moving to Georgia. But, hey, it’s not forever.
- Lastly, I want wonderful things to happen for my family. We had a great year, and I always love watching my nephews grow and becoming closer with my stepdad’s family.
- My family had an awesome year. My sisters and brothers are all doing great things in their lives, my parents are happy and healthy, and did I mention we have the cutest ring bearers and flower girls??
The only last thing that I want to add to my list this year is to increase my meditation & daily ability to be mindful. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the chaos of life, especially between a job, lots of hours commuting, a puppy, wedding planning, refinancing my SF condo, etc. etc. Sometimes it’s important to take a step back and focus on the people (and puppies) that matter most!
OH, and last but not least – I want to write 50 new posts this year. This past year I did pretty well, but I want to do more. I’ve got 50 so far, and I need to hit 100! It seems small, but these posts take quite a long time to write.
Bring it on 2015! xo