Hard to believe how long it’s been since I last blogged, but alas, the craziness of the holidays took me by storm. Seeing as it’s a new year, I thought it would be timely to say ‘Hello 2014’ with a proper update on life.
This year already has so many exciting things in store – I’m not sure what they are, but I’m positive that everything I’ve learned from the past year is going to help me grow and change and make better decisions. Each year in my 20’s has continually surprised me at how much I’ve changed. Maybe “changed” isn’t the right word… But I’ve definitely learned a little more about the world than what I knew before.
Highlights, Lessons & Disappointments of 2013
- I fell madly in love with my 5th grade crush – oooh la la!
- I completed my third Wildflower triathlon, raising $1500 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- I traveled to Buenos Aires, Uruguay, LA, NYC, San Diego, Vail, Palm Springs, San Luis, Kansas City, Big Sur, Tahoe, Coachella, Napa, and maybe a few other spots.
- I started another blog & website.
- I realized a best friend was not so close of a friend, after all.
- My mom got married.
- I PR’ed in the Berkeley Half Marathon, my third half marathon.
- I did more wine tasting in wine country than one could imagine.
- I re-evaluated my career goals.
- I sold my body for charity, raising $1600 for Best Buddies International.
- I got asked to be a bridesmaid for my cousin, Keely Marie.
- I lost a job, along with half of the staff, due to poor management.
- I bounced back even harder.
- I started doing Bikram regularly.
- I ate at my first 2 Michelin Star restaurant, Quince, and it was amazing!
- I taught myself new skills like WordPress.
- I became more secure with what I want in life and who I want to surround myself with.
- I went to my first Coachella. Yes, it was amazing. No, I didn’t camp.
- I went skiing.
- I removed a few frenemies who really needed to go quite a while ago…. SO MUCH MUD.
- I realized I can’t speak a lick of Spanish.
- I taught friends how to twerk.